Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Book "How to Make Money using Etsy"

After reading one of Etsy's blogs, about this book, "How to Make Money using Etsy" by Timonth Adam, I decided to purchase it.  I am constantly looking for new information, and learning more about Etsy (aren't we all?).  I still consider myself new, although I catch on fast.  Some information was helpful, some repetitive.  It's easy to read, I finished it in one day.  I did mark a few spots I want to go back to refer on. 

I'm 26, I've been using facebook for almost 10 years, but I know not everyone has.  So for sections like these, I just skimmed through it, making sure I didn't miss something important.  Where as sections on SEO engine searching, I was completely in the dark.  Definitely marked that section to go back and reread.  I also found the stories interesting, and the blog information helpful.  I think he accomplished his goal though.  If you know nothing about Etsy, and how to get started, this is a great book for you.  Seems like I always find this kind of stuff after I figured it out the hard way!  Maybe it can help others get started!




Are there any books you would reccomend for Artist making handmade products?

2 comments:

sara said...

I bought Craft Inc by Meg Mateo Ilasco and The Handmade Marketplace by Kari Chapin.... both are ok, but like you said in your post, some things I had already figured out the hard way on my own.. lol! But they still had good info. I would suggest I'd Rather Be in the Studio, which I borrowed from the library a few months ago... it was full of great info and I took tons of notes while I read it! It's on my need to buy list!

Kelli said...

Cool, thanks for the suggestion. I just checked that book out, and it has really good reviews. I am going to put it on my to read list. I also bought "The Artist's Guide: How to Make a Living doing what you Love," but I haven't dived into that one yet!