Thursday, June 2, 2011

Nominated....me?

I was nominated for an award by Sara of Simply Sarafina Paintings, she was probably the first person to ever read my blog!  Hahah, and for that I truly grateful. 

Today I am feeling all kinds of love around me!  I feel very special to have been chosen.
 Now that I've accepted here are the guidelines:

1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.

2. Share seven random facts about yourself.

3. Pass the award along to five deserving blogger buddies.

4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.

Seven Random Facts
 
1.  I'm part of a local roller derby team called the Acadiana Roller Girls, I used to play, but I have taken a break to focus on my art.  Though I am still involved and help with the design aspect of the team, plus my boyfriend is a Referee (how we met).  My derby name is ka-SLAM!, but everyone just calls me Slam.  I miss the team, practicing and bouting!  You should check out your local roller derby team.  It's a lot of fun! 
 
 
My boyfriend, Skruff McDuff.  I did the back of his referee shirt :)
 
2.  Everytime I see a plane in the air, I wonder where it's going and who's on it.  As well as a sting of jealousy, that I'm not traveling.
 
3.  I'm addicted to Burt's Bee's lip balm!  Just typing this makes me want to reapply. Actually I just did.
 
4.  I love cute summer dresses.  I can't resist them, they are so comfy.  Buffalo Exchange in New Orleans is my favorite resale store to find them.
 
5.  Out of sight, out of mind.  Shoes, purses, clothes, food, etc.  If I can't see it, I tend to forget I have it. 
 
6.  My favorite type of ice cream at Baskin Robbins is the waffle cup (waffle cone in a cup), 2 scoops of cookie n' cream ice cream, with caramel, whip cream, nuts and cherry.  I always save the cherry for the last bite.  Mmmmmm, now I'm wanting ice cream!
 
7.  My art has taken over our living room & dining table, sometimes even the couch.  I like to work on the floor, always have, so I tend to gradually spread everything around me in the middle of the living room floor.  Thankfully my boyfriend doesn't complain about it.  I try to clean up the area and push it to the side when I'm finished. 
 
Now I must pass the award along to five deserving blogger buddies!  These are all artist whose work I enjoy.  Check them out!
 
Brienna of brienna pruce


Amy of Mama's Little Monkeys

Steampunk Junk

Joe of Papercuts by Joe

Tye of Art by Tye J. Schloer

2 comments:

sara said...

You're very welcome! I love reading fellow creative painters blogs :) It inspires me!

I LOVE that you're part of a roller derby team! I can't roller skate... at all... but it looks like so much fun!

I live near the airport so there are constantly planes flying over our house... I often look up and wonder where they're going, or where they came from, and jealous that I'm on the ground!

I can totally relate about the art taking over the house... I usually sit at the kitchen table or a chair in the living room and my supplies tend to multiply and spread from there!

Hope you're having a wonderful day :)

brienna said...

Aw, Kelli, this is fantastic! What a lovely read; I so enjoy your "Slam" persona and hope you have more time to do everything you love!!! Thank you for so kindly passing this on to me, I will spend some extra time thinking and linking ;o), you are a sweetheart!

hugs,
brienna