Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm still here, really I am.

Wow, I haven't posted a blog since September.  That is a sad sad sight.  Well the good new is, I have lot of new projects to share with everyone.  I just need to get back on track and get some good photos.

For some crazy reason I thought December was going to be slow and I would start working out.  Yeah, that was a crazy thought indeed.  The exact opposite happened I was swamped with work!  It's a great problem to have, but man was I exhausted by the end of it.  Took myself a week off to rejuvenate.  Funny how when you take a small break how much better you feel. 

So then, I thought, well everyone spent all their money in December, January is sure to be slow.  WRONG again.  Orders just have kept rolling in, it's fantastic!  Thanks to all my customers, friends and family for all the support and encouraging words!


Current Events

I will be at an Arts & Crafts show again, March 3rd at the Shadows on the Teche.  I will be selling necklaces from my Pendology Collection as well as Linocut Prints.  I will be sharing a booth with the talented and fantastic Erin LaFleur.  She does ceramics, and she is amazing.  Check out her work at Mudd Culture


Latest Project:  New Work Desk

 Okay, so a starter to this quick story.  I generally like to paint/work on the floor.  Always have.  I think it's because I can spread everything around me.  But as of late, I have had so much painting to do, that it's become a problem.  The sad truth, I am getting older.  So staying in that one position for hours everyday, is getting a little tough.  I finally decided I'm going to try and start working from a desk.  I did it in class in college, I think it may be good.  So all I needed, was to find the desk....

We have the Restore in Lafayette, LA, that sells used furniture and the money goes to Habitat for Humanity.  Well I saw them post a photo of this desk late one night, I knew I HAD to have.  I called them literally 2 minutes before they opened to pay for it over the phone.  I wasn't taking any chances that this great item wouldn't be scooped up if I waited. 


I then decided, since pretty much all my furniture is natural earth tones, I want something bright, happy and that would just pop.  So I picked my latest fav color!  Teal!  I love it! 


Let me tell you, I am sooooo happy I made this $75 purchase.  I am in love with my desk, truly. Also I got this awesome chair at Office Depot.  It's super comfy.  I am all set now!  I even got those pretty flowers from this sweet guy. 


More fun stuff to come!

No comments: