Tuesday, June 19, 2012

30 Coffee Dates with 30 People

The Idea
I heard of the idea of 50 coffee dates with 50 people from my sister-n-law and fell in love with this idea.  She and I have both recently started our own businesses.  She is a CPA (Magen at Book-it Accounting), where as I am an artist.  We have both been consuming information about running small business'.  So we often share what we are learning and finding that can help or interest one another.  One article she read about was this, and shared with me.  It sounded like so much fun to do and a great way to get out to meet others. 

Who
My interests are to meet people who are successfully creative and/or small business owners.  By creative, I do include artists, designers, architects, musicians, cooks, writers, and anyone involved with these creatives.

Why
My intent is to learn, share thoughts, experiences, and meet awesome interesting people in the process.  I am a firm believer that you learn way more by interacting with people than in a book (or at least I do).  In college, my fellow students were also my best teachers.  

(Side note - I am not trying to sell a product or anything of that sort)

How
I plan to start with a few people I admire and consider successful.  Some of these dates will include 30 minute face-to-face coffee dates as well as online Skype meetings.  From these people, I will ask for any recommendations to lead to more coffee date opportunities.

I decided to start with 30 coffee dates with 30 people,and see where it goes from there!

 

No comments: