(Day I picked it up)
This is the seat before I started.
The seat had this metal plate so I took that off, so that I could peel the vinyl off.
Without the vinyl.
After I peeled off the first layer of foam. Now to get the rest of this foam and rust off.
My dad has a bead blaster at work, so he took care of the next part for me. Look how nice it came out!
Now for two coats of Rustoleum for protection.
Next, spray adhesive and foam. Based on what I saw when taking it apart there was two layers of foam. The first cut of foam just fits on the top.
The second wraps around the edges. I put spray adhesive all on the sides to help it stay and clamp it down.
All done with the foam part.
I went to Hancock's Fabrics and picked out a vinyl material I wanted.
Repeated the same, using spray adhesive to help it stay in place.
Once this part was done, I went back to the shop and put on the other plate that fits under this one. Here are the final photos.
If anyone has any questions about what I did feel free to email me and I will help as best as I can.